10 Ways to Get Healthier Now
- Reduce or eliminate animal products from your diet.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables, especially more “beans & greens” to get almost all of your vital nutrients.
- Reduce or eliminate processed foods. If it’s in a box or a wrapper, it’s probably processed. This is an area I need to work on as I tend to snack on Cliff Bars or ProBars on the fly. These are fine from time to time, but not daily.
- Drink more water, more often. If you’re still drinking sodas, quit or at least minimize
- Eat less, move more. If you aren’t exercising on a daily basis, start or at least stand up from your desk, stretch, take a walk, do some push ups, body weight squats, something to wake up the cells of your body. A body at rest tends to stay at rest, a body in motion tend to stay in motion. Get moving!
- Reduce or eliminate alcohol. If you think you have a problem, you probably do. Go to an AA meeting.
- If you’re still smoking, seriously????
- Make sure you’re getting adequate sleep and try to maintain a regular schedule. I like 10pm to 6am. Six to eight hours of sleep does a body good.
- Cut out fried foods, they have no nutritional value and are artery clogging.
- Breath. Ok, that’s obvious, but I mean consciously breath. Slowing down your breath can reduce stress levels and have great health benefits. Consider learning to mediate (if you don’t already) and/or start a yoga practice.
Bonus: get outside, get some fresh air and get a healthy 10 minute dose of sunshine, it’s your best source of vitamin D.
What else needs to be on this list?